The Green Region Awards honor individuals and entities working to create a more vibrant and environmentally sustainable region. Nominations are now open for the 2016 Green Region Awards. Award recipients will be announced at the Summit on Sustainability on Friday, October 21st at the Hilton Columbus Downtown.
Nominations are closed. Winners will be announced at the Summit on sustainability on Friday, October 21, 2016.
The Green Leader Award recognizes an individual or entity exemplifying outstanding leadership and innovation in seeking comprehensive sustainability solutions to address key challenges facing the region.
The Green Collaborative Achievement Award recognizes a group of entities or individuals who have shown effectiveness in producing environmental accomplishments through a collaborative effort.
Criteria for Green Collaborative Achievement Award Nominations:
- tangible results, innovation, and long-term impacts on Central Ohio
- comprehensive sustainability approaches, which include consideration for a combination of the following MORPC program areas: agricultural preservation and local food, air quality, energy, materials management, sustainable growth, trails and active transportation, and water quality
In memory of William A. "Bill" Lewis, Jr., former Chief Mobility Engineer of the City of Columbus, the Green Mobility Award recognizes an individual, either professional or student, exemplifying outstanding work towards creating a world-class multi-modal transportation system for Central Ohio.
Criteria for Green Mobility Award Nominations:
- focus on active transportation / multi-modal transportation projects
- works with young innovators or on young innovation projects
- commitment to public service
Nominations are open from June 1st - 30th.