MORPC SEEKS PUBLIC COMMENT ON DRAFT REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION GOALS
NOVEMBER 13, 2014
MORPC has released the draft goals for its 2016-2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan for public review and comment. The draft goals are:
- Reduce per capita energy consumption and promote alternative fuel resources to increase affordability and resilience of regional energy supplies
- Protect natural resources and mitigate infrastructure vulnerabilities to maintain a healthy ecosystem and community
- Position Central Ohio to attract and retain economic opportunity to prosper as a region and compete globally
- Create sustainable neighborhoods to improve residents’ quality of life
- Increase regional collaboration and employ innovative transportation solutions to maximize the return on public expenditures
- Use public investments to benefit the health, safety, and welfare of people
The goals will direct actions and strategies used to measure our progress over time with respect to transportation in the Central Ohio area. Next steps include defining measurable outcomes with indicators to track success. The plan is scheduled for completion in 2016. This plan is being conducted by MORPC in concert with other activities in the region such as insight2050.
Comments on the proposed goals are being accepted through Friday, November 21, 2014 by email to email@example.com or in writing to MORPC, 111 Liberty Street, Suite 100, Columbus, OH, 43215, Attn: MTP. For more information on the MTP, visit www.morpc.org/mtp.