Central Ohio Organizations Celebrate National Bike Month on Two Wheels
April 26, 2015
May is National Bike Month. To celebrate and encourage more people to ride their bikes, many communities and organizations around Central Ohio are hosting events throughout the month.
The largest event is Bike to Work Day, which will be on Friday, May 20. After work, commuters are invited to ride their bikes to the Columbus Commons for music, food, drinks, and all things biking! The event, takes place from 5:00pm-9:00pm, and is hosted by the City of Columbus. Complimentary bike valet parking will be provided by Yay Bikes! Also, if you are interested in winning a prize, ride a CoGo bike to the Columbus Commons station between 5:00pm-6:00pm, you will be entered into a prize drawing! The winner will be announced later that evening.
At the event, MORPC staff and partners will unveil the brand new fifth edition of the Columbus Metro Bike Map. Every few years, MORPC staff work on updating the map and are currently in the process of finishing the final version. The new map will also be made available online, at local bike stores, and at public libraries. We will also recognize the efforts of businesses that have made their companies more bike friendly and celebrate recent infrastructure investments in the region.
Other communities and organizations are celebrating National Bike Month throughout Central Ohio. We strongly encourage you to attend if you are interested in commuting on two wheels or just want to try something new.
- Bike to School Day is Wednesday, May 4
- The Pinchflat Poster Show Event on Saturday, May 7
- The Tour of the Scioto River Valley on Saturday, May 7 and Sunday, May 8
- Year of Yay!:Murals on Saturday, May 14
- Discover Community Gardens on Two Wheels on Sunday, May 15
- Ride the Elevator on Tuesday, May 17
- Ride of Silence on Wednesday, May 18
- Bike the Breweries on Saturday, May 21
- Discover Camp Chase Trail on Saturday, May 21
- Dirt School by COMBO on Saturday, May 21 and Saturday, May 28
- Scioto Greenway Paddle + Pedal on Sunday, May 22
- Franklinton Cycleworks Class: Roadside Repair on Wednesday, May 25
- Two Wheels and Heels Ladies Ride on Wednesday, May 25
For more information, please contact Amelia Costanzo at email@example.com or 614.233.4161.