Get Active and Educated at the Safe Routes to School National Conference
March 9, 2016
Looking forward to spring? Get active and outside at the 5th Safe Routes to School National Conference, by participating in one of the many interactive workshops at the conference.
Attend one of these informative interactive workshops:
- How We Roll — Take an educational bike tour with local bike advocacy group Yay Bikes!, to learn how to ride legally. And check out some of Columbus' new bicycle infrastructure (protected bike lanes, bike boxes and more).
- Blind Walk Audit — Explore the built environment from the perspective of a person with visual and physical impairments.
- Street Scene — Ride with a bike cop around the capital city.
- Bike Co-Op Field Trip — Visit Franklinton Cycle Works to learn how they make cycling “fun, affordable and sustainable,” and attend a basic bike mechanics class.
If you’re looking to rack up your continuing education hours, we’ve got you covered there too, with three workshops on salient topics.
- Location, Location, Location: The Right School in the Right Place —Learn about state and federal school siting tactics and how to use them to improve walking and bicycling to school.
- Thinking Big! — Learn how to implement a Safe Routes to School program in a large school district with this two-part workshop.
- Race, Class & Equity: Where To Begin — Have an open and authentic conversation with national leaders whose work focuses on race, class and addressing equity.
Remember, the registration deadline to attend Intersections is Monday, March 21,
Learn more at saferoutesconference.org and be social with us—
See you in Columbus on April 5–7!