Join Us at the 5th Safe Routes to School National Conference
February 22, 2016
Join a wide range of practitioners in Columbus for the 5th Safe Routes to School National Conference on April 5-7. It doesn’t matter if you are an expert or an amateur, if you have an interest in improving the connectivity and safety of bikers and walkers, this three-day conference is for you!
There are exciting “intersections” throughout the conference for attendees and dozens of opportunities. Hear from dynamic speakers, participate in hands-on workshops, and attend engaging breakout sessions. You can also earn professional development credits.
The conference kicks off on Tuesday, April 5, with Keynote Speaker Kevin Carroll,
Founder of Kevin Carroll Katalyst/LLC and author of three highly successful books:
- Rules of the Red Rubber Ball
- What’s Your Red Rubber Ball?!
- The Red Rubber Ball at Work
There will also be a conference celebration held later that evening.
Day two is full of breakout sessions, workshops, and keynote presentations including:
- Gil (Guillermo) Penalosa, MBA, PHDHC, Founder & Chair of the Board, 8 80 Cities
- Ihuoma Eneli, MD, MS, FAAP, Director, Nationwide Children’s Hospital Center for Healthy Weight and Nutrition
- Mike Patrick, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Medical Director of Interactive Media for Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Jennifer Toole, AICP, ASLA, Founder and President of Toole Design Group
Learn more about the keynote speakers at— http://saferoutesconference.org/program/keynote-speakers
Day three will include more informative breakout sessions and a luncheon featuring TED style talks with local Safe Routes to School advocates and participants.
Safe Routes to School Conference Registration Information:
- Registration is open until March 21 at: http://saferoutesconference.org/registration.
- Online hotel reservations are at: https://aws.passkey.com/event/13909564/owner/9521521/home
- Learn more at saferoutesconfrence.org and be social with us —like us on Facebook.com/SafeRoutesNationalConference and use the hashtag #Intersections2016
We look forward to seeing you in Columbus on April 5-7!