MORPC Releases Top 100 High Crash Intersections
August 29, 2016
Understanding where traffic crashes occur is a critical first step in enhancing the safety of roadways in Central Ohio. In order to improve crash prone areas, the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) releases its Top 100 Regional High-Crash Intersections list from 2013 through 2015.
The top 100 intersections are ranked based on a formula that consider the number of crashes, traffic volume, and severity of the crash. The top ten intersections include:
- Broad Street/SR 16 @ James Road
- E Livingston Avenue @ Hamilton Road/SR 317
- Dublin Granville Road/SR 161 @ Maple Canyon Drive
- Cleveland Avenue @ Morse Road
- Broad Street/SR 16 @ Lancaster Avenue/Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road
- Oakland Park Avenue @ Westerville Road/SR 3
- Morse Road @ Northtowne Boulevard/Walford Street
- Cleveland Avenue @ Innis Road
- Cleveland Avenue @ Dublin Granville Road/SR 161
- Hilliard Rome Road @ Roberts Road
"MORPC works closely with local governments to ensure that our region offers a high quality of life," said Kerstin Carr, MORPC Director of Planning & Environment. "These annual high-crash location lists allow us to monitor where crashes occur the most often and where people get hurt, so we can work with our local partners in identifying engineering, educational ,and enforcement measures that help reduce these crashes."
To view the entire list of high crash intersections as well as additional lists by community and mode, please visit www.morpc.org/transportation/safety.