ZONING AND PERMITTING TOOL
The Central Ohio Zoning and Permitting Tool was created by MORPC with support from the Columbus REALTORS® . Interested individuals can use it to look-up information about development permits and zoning district requirements.
It includes jurisdictions in Franklin County and the six adjacent counties (Delaware, Licking, Fairfield, Pickaway, Madison, and Union counties). The information is simplified and categorized to make comparisons possible. Local codes and officials should be consulted in addition to the information contained in this tool. Where available, links and contact information is provided alongside tool information.
- Information is included on zoning districts and overlays only for those areas where information was available.
- Uses identified in each district and overlay were translated into uniform categories.
For information on how specific uses are allowed, consult the code directly.
- Only basic dimensional and use intensity standards for districts and overlays are available. Full details can only be found in the code itself.
- Generic requirements that apply to all uses and not limited to an individual district and overlay can only be found in the individual code documents.
- Information on the geographic location of these districts is not available due to continuous changes made to individual properties by each community.
- Information is included where information was available. For other fees (i.e. impact fees, water or sewer tapping fees, etc.) consult the local jurisdiction.
- Applications, worksheets, or other payment information and standards are not available through this tool. Contact the permit official for details.
- The “categories” and “roles” in the permit search tool are standardized to allow for comparison and searchability. They are not part of the official community documents.
- Check with the local permitting official for details if a specific permit is not listed.
Do not assume that no permit or fee is required.
- Permits for driveways, septic tanks, and other utilities depend on the ownership of the infrastructure. They might not be listed with the output of the tool.
- Other surcharges, penalties, or administrative fees may apply in addition to the fee listed in the tool.
For all questions about a specific code or permit, please consult the local jurisdiction in charge of that permit.
For all other questions about tool functionality or “The State of Zoning in Central Ohio,” please use the Zoning and Permitting Tool contact form.